Forget about chaos in documents, constant delays, difficulties with coordination of actions – discover a more efficient way to work with Dropbox!
The Main Advantages of Dropbox
Forget about finding files and switching between apps by connecting your frequently used tools, including Slack, Zoom, HelloSign, and other Dropbox-integrated apps. Take a look at the main characteristics of Dropbox below:
- Store files and access them from anywhere in the world.
- Collect all your content in one space.
- There is no need to memorize numerous passwords and project names. Enter a single account and get access to all projects in which you participate.
- Work smarter on your computer.
- Access permissions can be specified both separately for each user and for groups. Define the user role and access rights to specific sections of the data room and revoke them at any time.
Dropbox managers generate information on the basis of which a person makes a decision. These systems are characterized by the type of tasks of a computational nature and the processing of large amounts of data. An example is a system of operational planning of production, an accounting system. Advisory Dropbox generates information that is taken into account by a person and does not immediately turn into a series of concrete actions. These systems have a higher degree of intelligence since they are characterized by the processing of knowledge, not data. Dropbox software:
- distributed file systems;
- cloud databases and other storage technologies (eg distributed caching systems);
- means of load balancing in network nodes;
- tools for processing data in a cloud environment;
- web API and web services.
Dropbox Is Secure Enough for Your Business
It is clear that the use of Dropbox is much more convenient. The most important drawback, which can be immediately noticed, is the complete dependence on the provider of these services. In fact, the enterprise (user) becomes a hostage of a service provider and an Internet access provider. Although the reliability of Dropbox is increasing, a lot of effort is needed to ensure the reliability and security of data, for example, have redundant communication channels, redundant capacities to be able to switch to them, and, of course, think about the availability of information and security. In addition, cloud computing is completely unsuitable for enterprises with state and military secrets. No commission will issue a certificate for such a system when working with information that is not subject to disclosure.
However, there are some disadvantages why it may seem to you that Dropbox is not secure enough for enterprise business:
- threats to data security, malicious use of services, etc.;
- possible limited development tools, the need to adapt to the principles of distributed / cloud architecture;
- lack of generally accepted development standards.
Dropbox clouds are the internal cloud infrastructure and services of an enterprise. These clouds are located within the corporate network. The organization can manage the private cloud on its own or outsource the task. The infrastructure can be located either at the customer’s premises, or at an external operator, or partially at the customer, and partially at the operator. An ideal private cloud is a cloud that is deployed on-site, maintained, and controlled by its employees. As the number of embedded computers increases due to lower processor prices and the ubiquity of the Internet, so too is the amount of data transferred and processed (often in real-time). Therefore, it can be assumed that the role of the Internet of Things and cloud computing will increase in the coming years.